Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving holiday and weekend

For the Thanksgiving holiday, we went up to Washington, Utah.  We left on Wednesday night, after i got off work.  The drive up actually wasn't that bad.  Oddly it seemed better at night.  I spent time with the in-laws.  We had a great Thanksgiving day.  Food was great, and we had a good time.  We did watch some football, and the Vikings lost.

The next day was younger sister-in-law's birthday.  Happy birthday!!!  For some reason I thought she was younger than she is.  She and her hubby had plans, so we helped with watching the nephews.  We went to a craft fair, but to me it seemed more like a swap meet of mall kiosks than actual crafts.  Later I actually went to a park with the 3 older boys.  We drove some r/c's, and played on the playground.  The boys really enjoyed driving the Pro-line Ambush, even though it was slow.  Their dad and grandpa showed up with the 4th boy.  We played with some of the balls at the park.  After spending a few hours at the park, we went back home and had left overs for dinner.

I've actually gotten into doing a Thanksgiving sandwich.  Some places refer to it as the Bobby, and others as the Pilgrim.  I do bread, turkey, stuffing, mayo, and cheese.  I'm not real big on cranberries or cranberry sauce, but I will drink cranberry juice.  Go figure.

I also brought along a few of my indoor drones, but only flew the Inductrix FPV.  I let the nephews where the goggles, and they really enjoyed watching the flying.  Only one didn't get dizzy when doing the funnel move.

On Saturday, the wife and I went for pizza and the Pizza Factory.  A good pizza place.  After that, we meet everyone else at a park.  When driving their we tried using Waze.  It got us close, but wanted to take us into a gated community.  Luckily the park wasn't too far away, and we made it.  We just relaxed.  After the park, it was time for us to return back to Vegas.  We got back and all was well.

And now another personal bit of info: I drink beer.  Yay me!  But I actually prefer hard cider, with my favorites being Angry Orchard and Smith & Forge.  I do try to sample other beverages.  This weekend was Great Basin Wild Horse Amber Ale.  Please keep in mind that I am no connoisseur.  If I like it, I say I like it and I drink it.  If I actually finish a bottle, I definitely liked it.  I liked this one, and will pick it up again.

Well that's all for now.  I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!  Now on to the Christmas holiday!

Stay safe, drink responsibly, and be merry!



No comments:

Post a Comment