Sunday, November 20, 2016

New Thrash Metal, and VG Soundtracks!

Hey! Another personal info post. ("Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?)  Sorry about that.

Eariler this year in January, Megadeth released a new album: Dystopia.  I finally got a digital copy back in July.  A great ablum!  Feels like their Countdown To Extinction album, which I have.  The only other full album I have of theirs is "So Far, So Good...So What!"  And then I have a few singles here and there.  I really should listen to some of their other older albums.

Just last week Metallica released "Hardwired...To Self-Destruct".  But if you are Metallica fan or follow me on Facebook, you know this.  And what is awesome about the promotion for releasing this album?  They did music videos for all the songs on the album.  They had already released 3: "Hardwired", "Moth Into Flame", and "Atlas, Rise".  All very awesome songs.  Then on Wednesday and Thursday last week (Nov 16 and 17), they released all of the other music videos.  I do not know of any other music group or artist that has ever released official music videos for every song on an album.  I would love to see more of this, and not every single album.  I know that would be very time consuming to do.  But I do think that more of the big names should do this.

Metallica actually released 2 version of this album.  A regular one with 12 new songs, and a deluxe one with 14 additional previous songs (most of which are live versions).  On iTunes the price difference was only $3, so I got the deluxe since I don't really have much of their older stuff.  I have "...And Justice For All" and "Metallica" (aka the black album), and singles here and there.  But I also did pick up the full "Master Of Puppets" album.

It's funny.  Here I am in my 40's getting into old school thrash metal.  Love it!

(OK, so what about this "VG" thing?)

I have also been getting into video game sound tracks.  This actually all started with Quake II.  With the original game, you could put the game disc in a CD player, and listen to the music tracks from the game.  So recently, mostly due to my r./c video, I have started "collecting" some video game soundtracks.  And 2 actual music soundtracks have been released.  One for the original DOOM done with actual instruments instead of  MIDI music, and from the new DOOM 2016 (or DOOM 4 as it has been dubbed).  Both are great metal music.  I do have a few other soundtracks.

Keep rocking! And papering and scissoring! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment