Tuesday, December 18, 2012

E-Maxx Project: Part 2

My holiday E-Maxx project is moving along.  I have the body trimmed, painted, and mounted.  It is ready for it's first run...almost.  I still need to get the lights and presents on.  I have decided to dub this:
Project: Santa-Maxx

Here is the wonderful El Camino, painted red, and on a monster truck.  The one thing that keeps running through my brain is Brad Pitt from the movie The Mexican singing "My El Camino".  And the red shock springs was not done on purpose.  I only realized they were red as I was adjusting the body mounts.  I think I'll look around for some silver springs that hopefully won't be drastically different in the spring rates.

The E-Maxx is back to all original electronics.  Over the years I have had a Futaba 3 channel FM radio in it.  Now that I have a couple of 2.4GHz 3 channel radios, I'll need to pick up another receiver.  Again going with Futaba.

Now I just need to find a decent Santa action figure to drive this, and maybe a side kick reindeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment